Cherokee Christian Ministerial Association Statement of Faith
This statement of faith in no way seeks to override either denomination of personal distinctive but rather to provide a common basis of fellowship and action. All officers and members of the Cherokee Christian Ministerial Associaton (CCMA) subscribe to the following articles of faith.
- In the one true God, who exists eternally and co-equally in the three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That this God has revealed Himself to human kind through the Scriptures, known as the Holy Bible, consisting the sixty- six (66) books of the orthodox faith. The Bible is our supreme and final authority.
- That Jesus was and is the Only Begotten Son of God. Through his perfect life, sacrificial death on the cross and resurrection He provides the only means of salvation for human kind. The saved will be resurrected to eternal life and the lost to eternal punishment.
- That humankind was created in the image of God and our purpose for life is to be found in God.
- That salvation from sin has been offered to humankind by the grace of God through faith in Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit indwells all true believers in Christ.
- That all true believers are members of the Body of Christ, the Church.